Plain brown rice can get boring! Try this brown rice with vegetables to change your view on brown rice!
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2 cup brown rice
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Rinse and wash 2 cups of brown rice and place in pot
- Add 3 cups of water and turn the temperature to high
- Once the water starts to boil, turn the temperature to low and allow the rice to soak up the water
- Once the water has soaked up all the water (approximately 1 hour), turn stove off
- Add half a teaspoon coconut oil to another pan.
- Add 1/3 cup corn, 1/3 cup peas, 1/3 cup diced tomatoes to pan
- Cook with medium heat for approximately 20 min
Mix the rice and vegetables:
- Once the rice and vegetables have cooked, mix the two together.
- ENJOY 🙂